Significance of Gana Koota in Marriage Match Making
In India, parents consult astrologers at the time of marriage of their children. They show the Kundli to assess the ganas of bride and groom. Ashtkoota method, which has total eight koots, is referred for matching horoscopes. Ganakoota is one of them.
To know more about Gana koota, (गण कूटा) we should first know about the total number of Ganas. According to Indian mythological books, there are three types of ganas: Devata Gana, Manushaya Gana and Rakshas Gana. These three gana Koota represent Satv, Rajogun and Tamogun. They are different from each other in every aspect:
There is a procedure to determine the Gana Koota of bride and groom. According to Vedic Astrology ganas of bride and groom are determined on the basis of birth-Nakshatra.
Visit "When I will get married" for Marriage AstrologyLet us now see which Gana is suitable for the married of life of bride and groom. According to astrology if the Ganas of bride and groom are same, then it is auspicious for marriage. If you marry the person whose Gana is same as yours, then you will share a happy and compatible relationship. If the gana of bride or groom is Devta and the other is Manushaya, then they will share a happy married life. But if any of the two marries a person of Rakshas Gana then it can be inauspicious. If you are born in Rakshas Gana, then you should marry the person of rakshas gana koota.
Let us understand how to evaluate Ganakoota:-
- 1. If the ganakoota of both bride and groom is devta, then they will get 6 points.
- 2. If the ganakoota of bride and groom is Manushaya, then also they will get 6 points.
- 3. If their ganakoota is Rakshas, then also they will 6 points.
- 4. If the ganakootas of bride and groom are Manushaya and Devta, then they will get 5 points.
- 5. If the ganakootas of bride and groom are Devta and Manushaya, then they will get 5 points.
- 6. If the ganakootas of both are Manushaya and Rakshas, they will get 1 point.
- 7. If the ganakootas of both are Rakshas and Manushaya then they will get 1 point.
- 8. If the ganakootas of bride and groom are Devta and Rakshas they will get 0 points.
- 9. If the ganakootas of bride and groom are Rakshas and Devta they will get 0 points.
Gana Dosha does not occur in following situations:
- 1. If the lords of both the signs are friends.
- 2. If the lords of signs of both bride and groom are same.
- 3. If the lords of both the navmansh share a friendly relationship.
- 4. If the lords of both the navmansh are similar.
Please rate this article:
Significance of Gana Koota in Marriage Match Making Acharya Shashikant Rating: 1.88 out of 5
- Free Online Jyotish
- Kundli Prediction
- Kaalsarp Dosha Check
- Varsh Kundli
- Monthly Horoscope
- Rahu Kaal
- Marriage Compatibility
- Kundli Matching
- Manglik Dosha Check
- Lal Kitab
- Lal Kitab Kundli
- Lal Kitab Kundli Rin
- Name Analysis
- Birth Date Analysis
- Is my name Lucky
- Lucky Gemstone
- Lucky Rudraksha bead